Ten good reasons to join Unite
- You can earn more Trade union members earn, on average, 10 per cent more than non-members.
- You could get more holiday Unions are the people who brought you the weekend. Unite campaigns to protect your holiday entitlement.
- You can get a better deal Unite negotiates terms of maternity or paternity leave, pensions and redundancy, winning you more than the legal minimum.
- You are less likely to be injured There are 50 per cent fewer accidents in unionised workplaces. Unite works to ensure employers protect employees from risks to their health and safety.
- Support whenever you need it All Unite members have access to free advice, support and legal representation when required. With Unite's support you can stand up for your rights and make sure you are treated fairly at work.
- In or out of work, there is a place for you Unite Community offers a place for all those out of work, studying or retired - meaning that you are always part of something bigger, and the best union to join.
- You get more - and better - training Union members are more likely to get on with better training and development. Unite has fully trained learning reps to help you update your skills.
- You can get better compensation - Unite members keep 100% of any compensation awarded. Last year over £200 million was won for members and their families by Unite.
- Better job security Trade union members are more likely to stay in their jobs longer - on average five years more than non-members.
- Being part of the fight for fairness from defending our NHS to fighting for decent homes, to campaigning against discrimination.
Unite the Union is the best Union to Join to help ensure you get the best representation in the workplace.