Contingent Medical Malpractice Cover (CMM) - Formerly PLI
Contingent Medical Malpractice Cover - Formerly Professional Liability Insurance - PLI
Unite's Contingent Medical Malpractice Cover (Formerly Professional Liability Insurance) helps protect you professionally if a claim is brought against you, by a client/patient, due to an [alleged] error they may have encountered whilst you were carrying out your professional duties. Sign up now, simply contact your Unite regional office to join the CMM scheme.
Who is covered by Unite CMMC?
Certain groups of Unite members have automatic CMMC cover included in their membership. If in doubt, please check the Unite website or with your representative or regional office. The groups who are automatically covered include:
- Members of Community Practitioners' and Health Visitors' Association (CPHVA)
- All registered nurses (excluding midwifery)
- Mental Health Nurses' Association (MHNA)
- College of Healthcare Chaplins (CHCC)
- Society of Sexual Health Advisors (SSHA)
- Counsellors, Psychotherapists & Arts Therapists
- Perioperative Practitioners (including Theatre Nurses, Operating Department Assistants and Operating Department Practitioners)
- Registered osetopaths
Follow the links below for further information.